Senior Programmer Analyst
Office: East Building 3364
B.S., Physics, University of Notre Dame - 1982
M.S., Physics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign - 1984
M.S., Electrical Engineering, Washington University in St. Louis - 1989
David Maffitt began his career at Washington University as a Graduate Research Assistant for Biomedical Computer Lab in 1987.
Image reconstruction, processing, communication, and archiving.
- Maffitt DR, Roysam B, “EMA/PC II: A User's Manual” Monograph No. 514, Biomedical Computer Laboratory, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO, February 1989.
- Maffitt DR, “Applications of the Maximum-Likelihood Method for Electron-Microscopic Autoradiography with Real Data,” Master of Science Thesis, Department of Electrical Engineering, Sever Institute of Technology, Washington University, St. Louis, MO, December 1989.
- Miller MI, Maffitt DR, Shrauner JA, Roysam B, Grenander U, “Automated Segmentation of Biological Shapes in Electron Microscope Autoradiography,” Proceedings of the Twenty-Fifth Annual Conference on Information Sciences and Systems, Department of Electrical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, pp. 637-642, March 1991.
- Roysam B, Maffitt DR, Miller MI, Saffitz JE, Thomas LJ, “A Personal Computer Based Implementation of the Maximum-Likelihood Method of Analysis of Electron Microscope Autoradiographs,” Microscopy Research and Technique, 20:73-86, 1992.
- Miller MI, Joshi S, Maffitt DR, McNally JG, Grenander U, “Membranes, Mitochondria, and Amoebae: 1, 2 and 3 Dimensional Shape Models,” chapter in Statistics and Images, Vol II, K. Mardia, ed., Carfax, Oxford, 1993.
- Politte DG, Thomas LJ, States DJ, Maffitt DR, Wilson RK, “But some models are useful: Estimating DNA sequences.” In D. Politte and L. Thomas, editors, Midwest Workshop on Iterative Image Reconstruction, page 9, Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri, June 17-18, 1994.
- Cooper ML, Maffitt DR, Parsons J, States DJ, “Lane Tracking Software for Four-Color Fluorescence-Based Electrophoretic Gel Images,” Genome Research, 6:1110-1117, 1996.
- Politte DG, Maffitt DR, Huang W, Fuhrmann D, Thomas L, States DJ., “Quantitative Imaging applied to accurate DNA basecalling for efficient genome sequencing.” In Biological and Biomedical Engineering Workshop, Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri, May 14, 1996. (abstract only)
- Politte DG, Maffitt DR, States DJ, “A mathematical model of unprocessed fluorescence-trace data and its application to basecalling.” In D. Bentley, E. Green, and P. Hieter, editors, Abstracts of papers presented at the 1997 meeting on Genome Mapping & Sequencing, page 186, Cold Spring Harbor, NY, May 14-18, 1997.Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory. (abstract only)
- Politte DG, Maffitt DR, States DJ, “Estimation of allele frequencies from color-multiplexed electropherograms.” In S.Istrail, P.Pevzner, and M. Waterman, editors, Proceedings of the Second Annual International Conference on Computational Molecular Biology, pages 202-206, New York, March 22-25, 1998.
- Politte DG, Maffitt DR, States, DJ, “Allele frequency estimation from sequence trace data.” In R.K. Wilson, J.Rogers, R.Gibbs, M. Uhlen, H. Garner, W. Ansorge, D. Meldrum, and G. Gyapay editors, Fifth International Automation in Mapping and DMA Sequencing Conference, St. Louis, Missouri, October 7-10, 1998.Washington University School of Medicine. (abstract only)
- Maffitt DR, Politte DG, States DJ, “A Java application for estimating allele frequencies of single-nucleotide polymorphisms from color-multiplexed electropherograms.” In M. Boguski, S. Brown, and R. Gibbs, editors, Abstracts of papers presented at the 1999 meeting on Genome Sequencing & Biology, page 145, Cold Spring Harbor, NY, May 19-23, 1999. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory. (abstract only)
- Moore SM, Maffitt DR, Blaine GJ, Bae KT, “A workstation acquisition node for multi-center imaging studies.” Proceedings of SPIE, Medical Imaging 2001, PACS and Integrated Medical Information Systems: Engineering and Clinical Issues, vol. 4323, pp. 271-277, 2001
- Kenneth Clark, Bruce Vendt, Kirk Smith, John Freymann, Justin Kirby, Paul Koppel, Stephen Moore, Stanley Phillips, David Maffitt, Michael Pringle, Lawrence Tarbox and Fred Prior , ”The Cancer Imaging Archive (TCIA): Maintaining and Operating a Public Information Repository”, Journal of Digital Imaging, Volume 26, Number 6, December, 2013, pp 1045-1057.