Office: East Building 3349
B.S., Electrical Engineering, Washington University in St. Louis - 1981
M.S., Electrical Engineering, Washington University in St. Louis - 1983
D.Sc., Electrical Engineering, Washington University in St. Louis - 1999
David Politte began his career at Washington University as a Research Assistant for Biomedical Computer Lab in 1981. He also performed research work for Radiation Sciences and the Optical Radiology Lab before joining the ERL in 2000.
Artifact-free CT Imaging, Cochlear Implants
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) - Member since 2000
- Snyder DL, Politte DG: Image reconstruction from list-mode data in an emission tomography system having time-of-flight measurements. IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science, 30(3):1843-1849, June 1983.
- Politte DG: Reconstruction algorithms for time-of-flight assisted positron-emission tomographs. Master’s thesis, Department of Electrical Engineering, Sever Institute of Technology, Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri, December 1983.
- Politte DG, Snyder DL: Results of a comparative study of a reconstruction procedure for producing improved estimates of radioactivity distributions in time-of-flight emission tomography. IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science, 31(1):614-619, February 1984.
- Politte DG, Hoffman GR, Beecher DE, Ficke DC, Holmes TJ, Ter-Pogossian MM: Image-reconstruction of data from Super PETT I: A first-generation time-of-flight positron-emission tomograph. IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science, 33(1):428-434, February 1986.
- Snyder DL, Miller MI, Thomas, Jr. LJ, Politte DG: Noise and edge artifacts in maximum-likelihood reconstructions for emission tomography. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, 6(3):228-238, September 1987.
- Politte DG, Snyder DL: The use of constraints to eliminate artifacts in maximum-likelihood image estimation for emission tomography. IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science, 35(1):608-610, February 1988.
- Drury HA, Green P, McCauley BK, Olson MV, Politte DG, Thomas, Jr. LJ: Spatial normalization of one-dimensional electrophoretic gel images. Genomics, 8:119-126, 1990.
- Politte DG: Image improvements in positron-emission tomography due to measuring differential time-of-flight and using maximum-likelihood estimation. IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science, 37(2):737-742, April 1990.
- Rosenberger FU, Johns GC, Politte DG, Molnar CE: Transputer implementation of the EM algorithm for PET image reconstruction. In A. S. Wagner, editor, Transputer Research and Applications 3: Proceedings of the Third Conference of the North American Transputer Users Group (NATUG-3), pages 51-62, Sunnyvale, California, April 26-27, 1990. IOS Press, Amsterdam.
- Rosenberger FU, Politte DG, Johns GC, Molnar CE: An efficient parallel implementation of the EM algorithm for PET image reconstruction utilizing transputers. In Conference Record of the 1990 IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium, IEEE Catalog No. 90CH2975-1, volume 2, pages 1535-1539, Arlington, Virginia, October 22-27, 1990.
- Politte DG, Snyder DL: Corrections for accidental coincidences and attenuation in maximum-likelihood image reconstruction for positron-emission tomography. IEEE Trans. on Medical Imaging, 10(1):82-89, March 1991.
- Snyder DL, Politte DG, Miller MI: A case study in statistical image processing: Positron-emission tomography. In A. Possolo, editor, Spatial Statistics and Imaging, vol. 20, pp 368-381. Institute of Mathematical Statistics, 1991.
- Drury HA, Politte DG, Ollinger JM, Green P, Thomas, Jr. LJ: Maximum-likelihood estimation of restriction-fragment mobilities from 1-d electrophoretic agarose gels. In R. S. Acharya, C. J. Cogswell, and D. B. Goldgof, editors, Biomedical Image Processing and Three-Dimensional Microscopy, Proceedings of SPIE, volume 1660, part two, pages 564-575, February 10-13, 1992.
- Politte DG, Maffitt DR, States DJ: Estimation of allele frequencies from color-multiplexed electropherograms. In S. Istrail, P. Pevzner, and M. Waterman, editors, Proceedings of the Second Annual International Conference on Computational Molecular Biology, pages 202-206, New York, March 22-25, 1998.
- Huang W, Fuhrmann DR, Politte DG, Thomas, Jr. LJ, States DJ: Filter matrix estimation in automated DNA sequencing. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, 45(4):422-428, April 1998.
- Politte DG: Signal processing for estimating DNA sequences and allele frequencies. D.Sc. dissertation, Department of Electrical Engineering, Sever Institute of Technology, Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri, August 1999.
- Snyder DL, O’Sullivan JA, Whiting BR, Murphy RJ, Benac J, Cataldo JA, Politte DG, Williamson JF: Deblurring subject to nonnegativity constraints when known functions are present with application to object-constrained computerized tomography. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, 20(10):1009-1017, October 2001.
- Benac J, O’Sullivan JA, Snyder DL, Politte DG, Whiting BR, Williamson JF, Murphy RJ: A simulation study of alternating minimization algorithms for CT image formation. Accepted for publication in the Conference Proceedings of the Thirty-Ninth Annual Allerton Conference on Communication, Control, and Computing, University of Illinois, October 3-5, 2001.
- Williamson JF, Whiting BR, Benac J, Murphy RJ, Blaine GJ, O’Sullivan JA, Politte DG, Snyder DL: Prospects for quantitative CT imaging in the presence of foreign metal bodies using statistical image reconstruction. Proceedings of the 2002 IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging: Macro to Nano, pp. 649-652, Washington, D.C., July 7-10, 2002.
- Murphy RJ, O’Sullivan JA, Benac J, Snyder DL, Whiting BR, Politte DG, Williamson JF: Incorporating known information into image reconstruction algorithms for transmission tomography. Proceedings of SPIE, Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging, vol. 3, no. 22, February 2002, pp. 29-37.
- Williamson JF, Whiting BR, Benac J, Murphy RJ, Blaine GJ, O’Sullivan JA, Politte DG, Snyder DL: Prospects for quantitative computed tomography imaging in the presence of feign metal bodies using statistical image reconstruction. Medical Physics, vol. 29 (10) pp 1-15, 2002.
- Low DA, Nystrom M, Kalinin E, Parikh P, Dempsey JF, Bradley JD, Mutic S, Wahab SH, Islam T, Christensen G, Politte DG, Whiting BR: A method for the reconstruction of four-dimensional synchronized CT scans acquired during free breathing. Medical Physics 30(6), June 2003.
- Murphy RJ, Yan S, O’Sullivan JA, Snyder DL, Whiting BR, Politte DG: Pose estimation of known objects during transmission tomographic image reconstruction. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, vol. 25, no. 10, pp. 1392-1404, October 2006.
- Snyder DL, Murphy RJ, O’Sullivan JA, Whiting BR, Politte DG: Image reconstruction with incomplete data in transmission tomography. Submitted to SPIE International Symposium on Medical Imaging, to be held 14-19 February 2004.
- Politte DG, Yan S, O’Sullivan JA, Snyder DL, Whiting, BR: Implementation of alternating minimization algorithms for fully 3D CT imaging. Proceedings of the SPIE-IS&T Electronic Imaging, SPIE Vol. 5674, Computational Imaging III, edited by Charles A. Bouman and Eric L. Miller, January 17-18, 2005, San Jose, CA, pp. 362-373.
- Snyder DL, O’Sullivan JA, Murphy RJ, Politte DG, Whiting BR, Williamson JF: Maximum likelihood image reconstruction for transmission tomography when projection data are incomplete. Accepted in September 2006 for publication in Phys. Med. Biol. Keesing DB, O’Sullivan JA, Politte DG, Whiting BR: Parallelization of a fully 3D CT iterative reconstruction algorithm, submitted to the 2006 IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging: from Nano to Macro, April 6-9, 2006, Arlington, VA.