Imaging Core for Multi-Center Clinical Trials
A Virtualized Network Infrastructure for Image Collection and Management
The Imaging Core of a Multi-Center Trial provides these services:
- Image Accumulation
- Image Transport
- Quality Assurance
- Image Management
- Image Processing or Presentation for Reading
- Workflow Management
- Collection and Analysis of Results
Here is a visual representation of our imaging process. Point at the number buttons for descriptions of each step:
- Imaging Process
- DICOM images are sent to the laptop either directly from the modality or through PACS.
- CSW software on laptop modifies the DICOM header to remove protected health information and add a unique identifier.
- A VPN connection to the image management network is opened through the firewall.
- The images transfer across the VPN connection to the image management network.
- Study is received and checked for protocol compliance.
- Studies that pass quality assurance test are uploaded to the image viewing system.
- One or more radiologists use VPN to remotely access the image viewing system.